After School Programs
The mission of the Pitt County Community Schools and Recreation Creative Experiences for Children Program is to provide a quality program of activities for students in grades K-6 (through 12 years old). This program is designed to meet a critical need of families in the community through maximizing the utilization of the resources of the school system.
- To meet a critical need in the community in an effort to improve the quality of life for families.
- To provide a program including quality activities that are both educational and recreational for students in kindergarten throughout sixth grade (through 12 years old). Activities include active games, arts and crafts, music, homework time, and free time during which children may choose selected activities.
- To provide a safe and stimulating environment for children that utilizes the resources of the school system.
- To provide a qualified, enthusiastic staff with the ability to plan programs that offer positive motivation for children.
- To provide an atmosphere for enrichment activities that will encourage creativity as well as growth and development of mind and body.
- To work cooperatively with other agencies and organizations in maximizing program opportunities for students.
- Creekside Elementary
- Chicod School
- Eastern Elementary
- Elmhurst Elementary
- G.R. Whitfield School
- H.B. School
- Ridgewood School
- W.H. Robinson Elementary
- Wintergreen Intermediate
- Wintergreen Primary
- $165 per month for one student ($125 for December)
- $320 per month for two siblings ($245 for December)
- $475 per month for three siblings ($365 for December)
- Part-Time - Part-time fees are based on passes. Part-time students must purchase a part-time pass card at the time of registration. Each card contains 5 passes per card and costs $100 per card ($90 for each additional sibling). A $25 non-refundable registration fee must accompany all applications at the time of registration.
- Passes are as follows:
- After School attendance counts as 1 pass per visit.
- Early Release days count as 1 pass per visit.
- Teacher Workdays count as 2 passes per visit.
- Passes are as follows:
The After School Enrichment Program begins on the first day of school and ends on the last day of school. The Program will not operate if the Pitt County Schools are closed due to weather conditions. The Program will not operate the Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving, Christmas holiday and Easter holiday.
On School days from the time school is dismissed until 6 p.m. and on workdays from 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Active Outdoor Games
- Arts and Crafts
- Enrichment Activities
- Group Games
- Homework Time and Free Time
- Inside games
Like Pitt County Community Schools and Recreation on Facebook.