- About Us
- Contact Us
Improvement Permit Process
- Placing a new structure on a property?
Example: House, Mobile Home, Storage Building, Swimming Pool
- Increasing the footprint of an existing structure on a property?
- Increasing the number of bedrooms in an existing residence?
- Increasing the number of employees in an existing business?
- Changing the use of the septic system?
Example: Changing a store to a church or a house to a daycare.
What Information Do You Need To Obtain An Improvement Permit?
- Property Owner’s Name, Address, Contact Phone Number
- Tax Parcel Number
- Directions to Property
- Subdivision Name and Lot Number (if applicable)
- Mobile Home Park Name, Lot Number and Address (if applicable)
Upon application for an Improvement Permit, you will be requested to do some or all of the following:
- Mark Lot Corners (up to 1 acre)
- Uncover Portion of Septic Tank Lid
- Post Sign (provided by Permitting Center)
Upon issuance of an Improvement Permit, an Authorization to Construct Permit may be required.
If so, a plot plan must be submitted showing the following:
- Outline of Property
- Outline of Structure (include any porches, decks or garages)
- Length and Width of Structure
- Distance from Property Lines and Road
Plot plans may be drawn by the applicant or by a surveyor (if required). Upon receipt, they will be reviewed by an Environmental Health Specialist for approval and issuance of an Authorization to Construct Permit.