Planning & Development
The Planning Department develops and implements plans and policies related to land development to strengthen the long-term sustainability of Pitt County.
- Floodplain management
- Land subdivision and manufactured home park regulation enforcement
- Hazard Mitigation Planning
- Disaster Recovery Programs
- Soil erosion and sedimentation control administration
- Zoning administration
- Community development activities
- Computerized mapping using Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- E-911 address assignment
- Population studies
- Transportation planning
- Recreation planning
The Federal Emergency Agency and North Carolina Emergency Management have received the following applications for Federal grant funding. Notice is hereby given of the Federal Emergency Agency’s consideration to provide funding in the form of a Hazard Mitigation Grant.