Scheduling & Canceling Trips
To schedule transportation, please call 252-902-2002.
- Transportation requests are taken between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m., Monday to Friday. Any transportation requests made outside of these hours will be denied.
- You must schedule your transportation request at least 24 hours in advance.
The following information is needed in order to properly enter your request when scheduling transportation. Please be prepared with all information before calling.
- Name of the person(s) needing transportation
- Address of pick up location
- Name and address of destination
- Phone number where you can be reached in case the driver has trouble locating you
- Time of your appointment
- Whether or not an attendant or service animal is accompanying you (there is no additional charge for attendants, but please tell the office when you schedule so that seating is made available)
- Any type of mobility device you may be using (this will ensure that a suitable vehicle is sent to pick you up)
- Please tell the scheduler if you are on oxygen (there are certain safety procedures that you will need to be aware of)
Time Frame of Pickup
- Be aware that early pickup times may be needed to ensure you arrive at your designated appointments on time. The driver should arrive no later than 30 minutes before your appointment time.
- Please remember that Pitt Area Transit provides Curb-to-Curb transportation service only. Drivers will only wait 5 minutes for passengers at their pick-up point, so please watch for your transportation.
- PATS is not responsible for returning for passengers who missed their transportation.
- Call Pitt Area Transit at 252-902-2002 at least one hour prior to your pick-up time to cancel. If you call after the one hour period, you may be charged as a "No Show."
- If you call outside of business hours, you may get an answering machine. Leave a message stating your name, the date and time of your scheduled transportation, and that you need to cancel your transportation.
Pitt Area Transit System is a department of Pitt County Government and follows Pitt County's Holiday Schedule. Transit services for the general public will not operate on days in which the County has scheduled to close for holidays. These holidays include:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (4th of July)
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day