The mission of the Pitt County Health Department is to protect, promote, and assure the health of all people in Pitt County. A number of services are provided to achieve this mission.
A variety of clinical services are offered including:
- Blood Pressure/Glucose/Cholesterol Screening
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Family Planning Services
- HIV Testing and Counseling
- Immunizations for Children and Adults
- Nutrition Counseling
- Other Communicable Disease Control
- Pregnancy Testing and Maternity Services
- Screening for Selected Cancers
- Tuberculosis Treatment and Follow-Up
- Well Child Health Care
- Women's Infants and Children's (WIC) Nutrition Education and Supplementation Program
Health Department staff partner with the schools, local community groups, businesses, and other health care providers throughout the community to develop community based health improvement initiatives such as infant mortality reduction, breastfeeding promotion, chronic disease risk reduction and health promotion programs.
Servicios De Intérpretes
Por favor, llame al 252-902-2398 para más información sobre como tener acceso a los servicios del Departamento De Salud Del Condado Pitt.
To apply for student placement CLICK HERE.
ISSUE: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning parents and caregivers not to use “Balguti Kesaria (or Kesaria Balguti) Ayurvedic Medicine” due to the risk of lead poisoning. Read on...
Harris Teeter has voluntarily Recalled Fresh Foods Market Artisan Pine Nuts Hummus Read on...
The 2017 World Breastfeeding Celebration will be held on Saturday, August 19, 2017 from 10:00am-12:00pm at the Pitt County Agricultural Center located at 403 Government Circle, Greenville... Read on...