2021 Municipal Election (Nov. 2, 2021)
Filing for Office
Candidates must be registered voters of Pitt County and the municipality/district in which they are filing. Filing will take place at the Pitt County Board of Elections Office located at 1717 W. 5th St., Greenville NC 27834.
Filing fees must be paid with a check or money order. We cannot accept cash.
Please complete the Candidate Information Form and bring it with you when filing for office.
The NC State Board of Elections provides additional information about running for municipal office that you may find helpful. To view, click here.
CITY OF GREENVILLE - Pursuant to Session Law 2021-56 the City of Greenville election has been postponed to March 8, 2022. The NC State Board of Elections has provided additional information; to view the information click here.
|Office||# of Seats||Filing Begins||Filing Ends||Filing Fees|
|Ayden Town Commissioner Ward 3||1 seat||July 26||August 13||$10.00|
|Ayden Town Commissioner Ward 4||1 seat||July 26||August 13||$10.00|
|Ayden Town Commissioner Ward 5||1 seat||July 26||August 13||$10.00|
|Bethel Mayor||1 seat||July 2||July 16||$10.00|
|Bethel Town Commissioner||5 seats||July 2||July 16||$10.00|
|Farmville Mayor||1 seat||July 2||July 16||$15.00|
|Farmville Town Commissioner||2 seats||July 2||July 16||$10.00|
|Fountain Mayor||1 seat||July 2||July 16||$5.00|
|Fountain Town Commissioner||3 seats||July 2||July 16||$5.00|
|Grifton Mayor||1 seat||July 2||July 16||$36.00|
|Grifton Town Commissioner||2 seats||July 2||July 16||$18.00|
|Grifton Town Commissioner (Unexpired Term)||1 seat||July 2||July 16||$18.00|
|Grimesland Town Alderman||5 seats||July 2||July 16||$5.00|
|Simpson Mayor||1 seat||July 2||July 16||$5.00|
|Simpson Village Council||3 seats||July 2||July 16||$5.00|
|Winterville Mayor||1 seat||July 2||July 16||$25.00|
|Winterville Town Council||2 seats||July 2||July 16||$12.00|
|Candlewick Area Sanitary District Board||3 seats||July 2||July 16||$5.00|
2021 Municipal Election Information Documents
- 2021 Municipal Candidates as of 2021-07-16
- Offices and Filing Fees - 2021
- 2021 Municipal Candidate Guide
- Candidate Information Form - 2021 Municipal Election
- Municipal Notice of Candidacy
- Felony Disclosure Form
- Withdrawal of Notice of Candidacy
- Filing Factsheet Littering Statutes
- UOCAVA Election Notice (2021-07-16)
- November 2021 NC Absentee Request
Are you registered? Is your information current? Use the State Board of Elections & Ethics Enforcement Voter Search tool to look up registration by name. With this tool you can see:
- Voter Details (address and demographic information)
- Jurisdictions (assigned voting districts based on registered address)
- Election Day Polling Place (name, address, photos, and link to map)
- Sample Ballot (ballot is based on assigned voting districts)
- Voter History (list of participated elections)
- Absentee Requests (displays status of absentee request/ballot, if applicable)
REMINDER: On Election Day you must go to your assigned polling place to cast your ballot.