Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP)
The Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP), administered by the Department of Social Services, provides a one-time vendor payment to eligible families who need help with heating expenses. The program usually runs from December through March, or until all funds are spent.
LIEAP will launch for the 2022-23 season on Thursday, December 1, 2022. LIEAP provides a one-time vendor payment for eligible families who need assistance with home heating expenses. Complete program details, along with a full list of locations to apply can be found below.
Program Guidelines Include:
• Applications will be taken from December 1, 2022 - March 31, 2023
• Online applications may be submitted starting December 1, 2022 through the ePASS Portal (http://epass.nc.gov).
• Applications will be taken at various locations during the days and times posted
• When all funds are spent, the program will end (applications will no longer be taken)
• Pitt County DSS will mail LIEAP payments directly to the vendors
• Benefit amounts are based on household size and income
Households with a person age 60 or older, or an individual receiving disability benefits and services through the NC Division of Aging and Adult Services can begin applying as early as December 1, 2022. Applicants who fall outside of this priority group can apply beginning January 3, 2023. ALL applicants can apply until the end of program period, which runs through March 31, 2023 or until all funds are spent.
Income verification is required for all applicants. Those applying will need verification of all income received the month prior to the date of application. This includes:
• Gross wages received in the month prior to your application
• Gross amount of Social Security benefits
• Gross amount of SSI
• Gross amount of VA income
• Gross amount of any retirement received
• Child support and contributions received from anyone outside your home
• Any other income received
• Names, dates of birth, and Social Security numbers of all household members
• Proof of how you heat your home (name / address of provider with account number)
• Everyone who lives under your roof must be included
WHERE TO APPLY FOR LIEAP SERVICES IN PITT COUNTY:
Pitt County Human Services Center