DMV Vehicle Tax Refunds, Information and Renewal


To locate the amount of taxes you have paid on your vehicles, please visit the MyDMV website by CLICKING HERE.

How to use MyDMV:

• Enter your NC Driver's License or NC Identification Card Number in the first box titled "License/ID Number" 

• In the "Identification" box, choose one of the following: Last Four (4) digits of your Social Security Number, I-94 (Arrival/Departure US Customs Form) or Alien Registration Number 

• Enter your Birth Month, Birth Day and Birth Year 

• Click "Log In" 

• Once logged in, find property tax information for each vehicle, year, and location/method paid under the "Correspondence" heading on the right side, middle of the screen.

• Click on specific year links to display taxes paid, vehicle information, date paid, and county where the taxes were applied. 

 Businesses will not be able to access tax information  through MyDMV. Please call Pitt County Tax Administration at 252-902-3400 for questions or assistance.


In addition to tax information found in the MyDMV website, you can also access certain payment and renewal services at the NCDOT website by CLICKING HERE.

Services available at this website include:

  • Vehicle Property Tax Payments 
  • Vehicle Registration Renewal
  • Driver License Renewal
  • Duplicate Vehicle Registration Ordering

Questions regarding vehicle registration and renewals, please visit NCDMV or call  (919) 715-7000.
In person, visit one of three Pitt County NCDMV locations:
4651 North Creek Drive
 Greenville NC 27834
 (252) 830-3456
 2462 Stantonsburg Road
 Greenville NC 27834
 (252) 756-5099
 3672 North Main Street
 Farmville NC 27828
 (252) 753-672652)-753-6726


An owner can apply for a refund of taxes paid when a vehicle is sold or registered out of state and the license plate is turned in to a NC License Plate Agency. Within 1 year of surrendering the license plate, the owner must present the following to the tax office to request the refund:

  1. Proof of plate surrender to NC DMV (DMV Form FS20) and
  2. Copy of the bill of sale or the new state’s registration.

The refund* will be calculated on any full calendar months remaining in the registration period after the license plate is surrendered to the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles. 

Mail: PO Box 43, Greenville NC 27835

In person: 110 S Evans St, Greenville  NC


*Vehicle refunds must first be applied to any delinquent property taxes due to Pitt County. Remaining amounts, if any, will be mailed 8-10 weeks after processing.