ServSafe Food Safety Class
ServSafe Food Protection Manager 1-day course cost is $150.00. The course is offered quarterly. ServSafe Food Protection Manager Proctored Exam is offered the 3rd Wednesday of each month at a cost of $75.00.
The objective of this policy is to ensure that the Food & Lodging Section of the Pitt County Environmental Health Division will administer the educational course material of the Servsafe program in compliance within all applicable policies set forth by Pitt County Health Department and Pitt County Government.
- Interested parties will register on the county website or in person at the Environmental Health office. Fees shall be paid upon registration.
- Registrant information shall include registrant’s name, phone number, and email address.
- Administrative staff will send paid registration information to the Servsafe Program Coordinator.
- The in-person instructional class will be one full class day with the exam immediately following upon completion of course.
- The in-person instructional classes shall be offered quarterly as space availability allows.
- The in-person exams shall be offered on the third Wednesday of each month.
- Registrants shall register for the in-person instructional class at the latest two weeks before scheduled class date and at the latest the Friday before the scheduled exam only.
- Registrants will be able to cancel their reservation no later than two business days before the scheduled class/exam for a full refund. If less than two business days remain before the scheduled class/exam and registrant cancels, there will be no refund awarded. The only option available will be to reschedule to another class/exam offered in the same fiscal year. A fiscal year starting on July 1st and ending on June 30th.
- Registrants who are late by 15 minutes or more to class or exam will not be permitted to participate, take exam, and will not receive a refund.
- All refunds shall be issued in accordance with Pitt County Finance Department Policy and Procedures.
- All request for refunds must be made in writing by the registrant that submitted payment for the fee.
- All fees related to registration cost shall be approved by the Pitt County Board of Commissioners and posted on the Environmental Health Fee Schedule.