Mobile Food Units & Push Carts


Information and Requirements for Mobile Food Units (MFU) & Push Carts (PC)

food truck 1

food truck 2

Starting any business can be difficult, and starting your own food truck or push cart is no exception. You may have lots of questions, and may not be sure of where to start.  If this is the case for you, then welcome to Pitt County Environmental Health, where we hope to provide answers to your questions!

On this guidance page, you will find information related to requirements for getting started with your own food truck or push cart. Mixed with these requirements, you will also find recommendations that are based upon our experiences. In assembling this information, we hope to provide you with as much information as we can to help you decide what you will need from the regulatory side, and hopefully assist in making your journey to getting your permit as smooth as possible.

If you would like to view or download an application, click here

To submit your completed application, you can either email an attachment of the completed application to or mail/drop off at 1825 Hospital Drive Greenville, NC 27834 along with the $250 fee.

Other jurisdictions within Pitt County may require additional licensing. Please check with the municipality you intend to work in to ensure there aren’t additional requirements you are missing.