PITT COUNTY, N.C. – The Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP), administered by the Department of Social Services (DSS), will launch for the 2022-23 season on Thursday, December 1, 2022. LIEAP provides a one-time vendor payment for eligible families who need assistance with home heating expenses. Complete program details, along with a list of locations to apply can be found below or on the Pitt County website at www.PittCountyNC.gov/LIEAP.
2022-23 Program Guidelines
Applications will be taken from December 1, 2022 - March 31, 2023.
Online applications may be submitted starting December 1, 2022 through the ePASS Portal (http://epass.nc.gov). Applications will be taken at various locations during the days and times posted on page 2. When all funds are spent, the program will end (applications will no longer be accepted). Pitt County DSS will submit LIEAP payments directly to the vendors. Benefit amounts are based on household size and income.
Applicants may apply online, by telephone, by submitting a paper application via the U.S. Postal Service or by fax to the Pitt County Human Services Center (address and fax number on page 2). Applications may also be dropped off at the Pitt County Human Services Center. Interested individuals may call Pitt County Human Services Center at 252-902-1352 for more information.
- Households with a person age 60 or older, or an individual receiving disability benefits and services through the N.C. Division of Aging and Adult Services can begin applying as early as December 1, 2022.
- Applicants who fall outside of this priority group can apply beginning January 3, 2023.
- ALL applicants can apply until the end of program period, which runs through March 31, 2023 or until all funds are spent.
Income verification is required for all applicants. Those applying will need verification of all income received the month prior to the date of application. This includes:
- Gross wages received in the month prior to the month of your application
- Gross amount of Social Security benefits
- Gross amount of SSI
- Gross amount of VA income
- Gross amount of any retirement received
- Child support and contributions received from anyone outside your home
- Any other income received
- Names, dates of birth, and Social Security numbers of all household members
- Proof of how the home is heated (name / address of provider with account number)
- Everyone who lives in the household must be included
Where to Apply
Pitt County Human Services Center
203 Government Circle
Greenville, NC 27834
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Can apply by telephone*
Northern Pitt Improvement Association
2197 Old River Road
Greenville, NC 27834
Tuesday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Bethel Advocacy Center
130 West Washington Street
Bethel, NC 27812
Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
St. John Missionary Baptist Church
2921 Briery Swamp Road
Stokes, NC 27884
2nd & 4th Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. – NOON
St. Rest United Holy Church
154 Hammond Street
Winterville, NC 28590
Saturdays, 9:00 am-NOON
Triumph Community Outreach Ministries
7874 US 264 East
Washington, NC 27889
2nd & 4th Thursdays, 10:30 a.m. – NOON
The Mission of Pitt County Government is to enhance the health, safety, and well-being of our community by advocating for and providing quality services in a friendly and cost-effective manner. Learn more: www.PittCountyNC.gov