News Flash

County News

Posted on: December 14, 2022

Vacancies to Boards and Commissions

For more information or to apply, contact the County Manager's office at 252-902-2950.  

  • The Board of Health is in need of a Veterinarian and a Nurse. The Board meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. The Board makes policies and rules and serves as an adjudicator body for the County Health Department. They make decisions on health rules and laws.
  • The P.C Nursing Home/Adult Care Community Advisory Committee is in need of applicants. The Board works to maintain the rights of residents residing in nursing homes and adult care homes. The committee members are the link between the community and long-term care facilities seeking to increase community involvement and keep the public informed about aspects of long-term care. They meet every other month on the 3rd Monday at 1:00 p.m.
  • The Animal Services Advisory Board is in need of an At-large representative to serve on the Board.  The purpose of the board is to discuss current animal issues in the county. Issues range from animal welfare to citizen protection to county animal nuisances. The Board meets the 4th Wednesday of every other month at 5:30 p.m. in the Commissioners' Auditorium, beginning in January.
  • The City of Greenville Board of Adjustment (“BOA”), an 11 member public body, is in need of interested applicants that reside in the Greenville extraterritorial jurisdiction (“ETJ”), which is outside of the corporate limits of the City, but within the limits of the City’s ETJ and also an interested applicant to serve as an alternate member. The BOA meets the 4th Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. (excluding November/December when it meets on the 3rd Thursday) in the City Council Chambers, 3rd floor of City Hall, 200 West Fifth Street, Greenville. The BOA hears and decides on appeals concerning zoning issues, applications for special use permits, and requests for variances under the terms of the City’s Zoning Ordinance.
  • The Ayden Planning Board is in need of interested applicants that reside in the Ayden ETJ. The Board meets the 3rd Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the Ayden District Courtroom on the 2nd Floor. The Board regulates land development in the Town of Ayden and in Ayden’s extraterritorial jurisdiction.
  • The Pitt County Farm and Food Council is in need of an At-large representative.  The Council is working with community members to make healthy and affordable food available to everyone in Pitt County.  Visit to learn more. The Council meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 5:00 p.m. at the County Agricultural Building, located at 403 Government Circle. 

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in County News

WIC is Fueling for the Future!

Posted on: March 13, 2023

Pitt County Annual Financial Reports

Posted on: January 10, 2023

RFP To Provide Auditing Services

Posted on: January 9, 2023
Elections News Story Icon

Notice of Polling Place Change

Posted on: September 21, 2022

PATS Public Hearing Notice

Posted on: September 16, 2022


Posted on: September 16, 2022


Posted on: July 28, 2022


Posted on: July 28, 2022

Crisis Resources

Posted on: November 9, 2020