FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
April 20, 2023
2023 Election-Themed Sticker Design Contests for All Age Groups
Contest to begin May 1; public voting to begin August 1
PITT COUNTY, N.C. – In preparation for the upcoming November 7, 2023 General Election, the Pitt County Board of Elections has announced two election-themed design contests open to submissions from eligible Pitt County students from Monday, May 1, 20 to 5:00 p.m. June 9, 2023.
“I Voted” Sticker Design Contest – Ages 8 to 14
The inaugural “I Voted” sticker design contest will accept original designs for the “I Voted” stickers that will be given to Pitt County voters during the General Election.
- Pitt County students between 8 and 14 years old, at the time of entry submission, are eligible to submit one entry per student.
- Original artwork must include the phrase “I Voted” in the design.
- Submissions should be made on the official Contest Submission Form, limited to four colors or less, designed within the border and without reference to candidates or political parties.
- Designs may be created using crayons, paint, pencil, ink, other mixed media materials or manual digital drawing and art tools.
Fifteen “I Voted” finalists will be selected by Pitt County Board of Elections staff. Two winning designs will be selected by a public online vote between Tuesday, August 1 and Thursday, August 31, 2023. The winners will be notified by phone and email by Friday, September 8, 2023.
“My Vote” Visual Art Design Contest – Ages 15 +
The inaugural “My Vote” visual art design contest will accept original visual art designs for the theme “My Vote” that will be placed on permanent display at the Board of Elections Office.
- Pitt County residents 15 years old and up are eligible to submit one entry per person.
- Visual art designs should be an original work that reflects the theme “My Vote,” attached to an official contest submission form, included in an 8” x 10” photo submission size and without reference to candidates or political parties.
- Artwork may be created using photography, watercolor, acrylic, or oil-based paint, pencils, sculpture, woven media materials or manual digital drawing and art tools.
Twenty-five “My Vote” finalists will be selected by the Elections staff. Ten winning designs will be selected by a public online vote between Tuesday, August 1 and Thursday, August 31, 2023. The winners will be notified by phone and email by Friday, September 8, 2023.
Submissions for the “I Voted” or “My Vote” contests cannot include any artificial intelligence-generated work, copyright material, photographs or trademarked images. View full contest rules at www.PittCountyNC.gov/IVotedArtContest.
Entries can mailed or hand-delivered to the Pitt County Board of Elections at 1717 W. Fifth St., Greenville, N.C. 27834. Email submissions should be scanned in at least 300dpi to email@example.com.
For more information, please contact Elections at (252) 902-3302 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Contact: Dawn C. Jones
Director, Public Information & Media Relations Past Releases:
email@example.com | (252) 902-2955 www.PittCountyNC.gov/PIO