Candidate Filing for the 2023 Municipal Elections
Filing to begin Friday, July 7
PITT COUNTY, N.C. – Pitt County Elections announces that candidate filing for the 2023 Municipal Elections will begin at 12 p.m., Friday, July 7 and end at 12 p.m., Friday, July 21, 2023.
Candidates are encouraged to expedite the process by completing as much paperwork as possible ahead of time. Interested persons can visit www.PittCountyNC.gov/Elections to access:
- Candidate Information Form – all candidates must complete this prior to filing.
- Threshold Packets – only complete the packet applicable to the candidate’s intent. Every candidate, even those with an existing open committee, must complete a packet.
- New Candidate Over Threshold – candidate intends to raise or spend more than $1,000.
- New Candidate Under Threshold – candidate does NOT intend to raise or spend more than $1,000.
- Municipal Guide – provides helpful information about filing for office, campaign finance and the elections process.
Candidates may also choose to complete paperwork at the Elections office, located at 1717 West 5th Street Greenville, or take a blank packet with them to complete and return later. Completed packets must be returned within 10 days of filing for office.
Filing fees can only be paid by check or money order. Elections staff cannot accept cash or card.
For more information, contact Pitt County Elections at 252-902-3300.
The Mission of Pitt County Government is to enhance the health, safety, and well-being of our community by advocating for and providing quality services in a friendly and cost-effective manner. Learn more: www.PittCountyNC.gov