No-Cost Immunizations Available at Pitt County Health Department
Free COVID-19 and Flu vaccines for eligible adults via CDC’s Bridge Access program
PITT COUNTY, N.C. – The Pitt County Health Department (PCHD) has received funding to provide no-cost seasonal immunizations for residents. Uninsured individuals 19 years and older may receive a free flu vaccine. As part of the CDC’s Bridge Access program, PCHD is offering free COVID-19 vaccines to adults 19 and older who have no health insurance or whose health insurance does not cover all vaccination costs.
Appointments are required for immunization services. Pitt County residents interested in a no-cost COVID-19 and Flu vaccine can call 252-902-2449 to make an appointment.
“Vaccination is important as we head into the fall and winter months, when respiratory illnesses are more likely to circulate. Providing no-cost flu and COVID-19 vaccines to our uninsured and underinsured residents will allow more people to access these important vaccines,” says Wes Gray, Public Health Director.
Who should get the COVID-19 2023-24 booster and annual flu vaccine?
The CDC recommends annual Influenza vaccinations and COVID-19 boosters for ages 6 months or older. Vaccination is important for people at high risk of complications of the illnesses, including:
- Children younger than age 2
- Adults older than age 50
- Residents of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- People who are pregnant or plan to be pregnant during flu season
- People with weakened immune systems
- People age 6 months to 18 years who take aspirin or salicylate-containing medication
- American Indians or Alaska natives
- People who have chronic illnesses, such as asthma, heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease and diabetes
- People with a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher
- Children between 6 months and 8 years may need two doses of the flu vaccine, given at least four weeks apart, the first time they are given a flu vaccine. After that, they can receive single annual doses of the flu vaccine. Check with your child's health care provider.
Free COVID-19 vaccinations will be available via the Bridge Access program through December 2024.
For more information or to make an appointment, call 252-902-2449.
Dawn C. Jones
Director, Public Information & Media Relations Past Releases:
firstname.lastname@example.org | (252) 902-2955 www.PittCountyNC.gov/PIO