Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) administered by the Department of Social Services is set to begin taking applications for the 2016-17 season on December 1, 2016. LIEAP provides a one-time vendor payment to eligible families who need help with heating expenses. Complete program details, along with a full list of locations to apply can be found on the Pitt County website at www.pittcountync.gov/LIEAP.
Current program guidelines include:
· Applications will be taken December 1, 2016 through March 31, 2017 (or until all funds are spent)
· When all funds are spent, the program will end
· County mails LIEAP checks directly to the vendor on behalf of approved recipients
· Benefit amount is based on household size and income
· Funds for this year total approximately $827,209
Citizens 60 years old and older OR those who are disabled and receiving services through the Division of Aging and Adult Services can apply beginning December 1, 2016 through March 31, 2017, or until all funds are spent. Disabled persons are defined as receiving SSI, Social Security Disability, or VA Disability. Applicants who fall outside this priority group can apply beginning January 1, 2017 through March 31, 2017 or until all funds are spent. Income verification is a must for all applicants. Those applying will need verification of all income received the month prior to the date of application.
· Wages received in the month prior to your application
· Gross amount of Social Security benefits
· Gross amount of any retirement received
· Child support and contributions received from anyone outside your home
· Any other income received
· Names, dates of birth, and Social Security numbers of all household members
· Proof of how you heat your home (Name and address of provider/account number required)
· Everyone who lives under your roof must be included.
A complete list of locations to apply, along with operating hours can be found on the special “LIEAP” page of the Pitt County website at www.pittcountync.gov/LIEAP.