Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Funds Available to Assist Homeowners with 2016 Storm Damage
Resources received from the North Carolina Housing Finance Agency
(Pitt County) – Pitt County, along with the City of Greenville, has received funding from the North Carolina Housing Finance Agency, designated for assisting with repair to homes damaged by Hurricane Matthew and Tropical Storms Julia and Hermine. These funds will be used to assist qualifying homeowners, who meet the following requirements:
• The housing unit to be rehabilitated must be located in Pitt County, and must be owner-occupied;
• The gross annual household income must not exceed the Area Median Income for Pitt County;
• The home must have received at least $5,000 of damage from Hurricane Matthew or Tropical Storms Julia or Hermine;
• The construction cost of rehabilitation cannot exceed $40,000;
• The homeowner cannot have been approved to receive a loan from the Small Business Administration to repair damages to their home due to Hurricane Matthew, Tropical storms Julia or Hermine;
• The homeowner must properly document any FEMA assistance received for home repair due to Hurricane Matthew or Tropical Storms Julia or Hermine; and
• The homeowner must be current on all Pitt County taxes.