As of Monday, March 5, 2018, applications for the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP), administered by the Department of Social Services, will only be taken at the Pitt County Human Services Center, 203 Government Circle, Greenville, NC 274834. The Human Services Center will be open during regular business hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday. This will be the only location accepting applications for the remainder of the program this season. The program is scheduled to end on March 31, 2018, or when funds have been exhausted.
The Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) is administered by the Department of Social Services, and provides a one-time vendor payment to eligible families who need help with home heating expenses.
Income verification is a must for all applicants. Those applying will need verification of all income received the month prior to the date of application.
• Wages received in the month prior to your application
• Gross amount of Social Security benefits
• Gross amount of any retirement received
• Child support and contributions received from anyone outside your home
• Any other income received
• Names, dates of birth, and Social Security numbers of all household members
• Proof of how you heat your home (provider account information required)
• Everyone who lives under your roof must be included
For more information or full details on the program guidelines, interested applicants can visit www.pittcountync.gov/LIEAP or call 252-902-1110