Hurricane Florence is a dangerous storm that will have wide-ranging effects on North Carolina and the people that DHHS serves. This information will continue to be updated before, during and after the storm.
If you are a Medicaid beneficiary:
- If you are evacuated you can still see a doctor, even if you are out of state.
- DHHS will allow early prescription drug refills by Medicaid pharmacists to make sure you have enough medications throughout the storm.
- If you have medical device that requires power let your county Department of Social Services (DSS) know.
If you receive Food and Nutrition Services (FNS):
- Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards can be used at any authorized retailer, even if you are out-of-state.
- Current Food and Nutrition Services households that have a food loss may request replacement benefits through their county DSS.
- Lost or damaged EBT cards can be replaced by calling the EBT Call Center at 1-888-622-7328.
Call 211 if you have non-emergency questions