WHEREAS, Hurricane Florence has the potential to impact Grifton, NC and
WHEREAS, as a result of the described incident, I have determined that there is an imminent threat of, of existing conditions have caused or will cause, widespread or severe damage and significant impacts to transportation.
NOW, THEREFORE, pursuant to the authority invested in me as Mayor of the Town of Grifton under Article 1A of Chapter 166A of the North Carolina General Statutes and the Town of Grifton Code of Ordinances:
- A State of Emergency is hereby declared within the jurisdiction of the Town of Grifton.
- Mandatory Evacuations of all businesses south of Main Street and all residences south of Queen Street and into Lenoir County will begin at 12 p.m. on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 and are expected to be complete by 6:00pm Thursday, September 13, 2018.
- I hereby order a curfew from 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. beginning on Thursday, September 13, 2018 to remain in effect until modified or rescinded
- I hereby order all Town Law Enforcement Officers and Fire Department personnel subject to our control to cooperate in the enforcement and implementations of the provisions of this declaration, all applicable local ordinances, State and Federal Laws, and the Town of Grifton Emergency Operations Plan.
- I hereby order this declaration: (a) to be distributed to the news media and other organizations calculated to bring its contents to the attention of the general public; (b) to be filed with the Town Clerk and (c) to be distributed to others as necessary to ensure proper implementation of this declaration.
- This declaration shall take effect immediately and shall remain in effect until modified or rescinded.
DECLARED, this the 11th day of September, 2018