The Pitt County Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing on Monday, June 17th at or after 6:00 p.m. regarding the naming of six service roads. This hearing will be held in the second floor Eugene James Commissioners’ Auditorium in the County Office Building located at 1717 W. 5th Street, Greenville, N.C.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation, through its contractor Barnhill Construction, is in the process of designing and constructing the NC 11 Southwest Bypass. Construction of the bypass is accompanied by the construction of service roads which will be maintained by NCDOT. Per Pitt County’s Addressing Ordinance, these service roads are required to be named and addresses will change for the structures that gain access through this named road. Road names have been solicited from affected property owners. The proposed names which meet the requirements of the County’s Addressing Ordinance will be considered by the Board. The proposed names are listed below for each service road.
The purpose of the public hearing is to gather public comment and input on the proposed road names prior to consideration and action by the Board of County Commissioners. Citizens interested in obtaining additional information on the proposed road name changes should contact the Pitt County Planning Department (252-902-3250). Those persons unable to attend the hearing may submit written questions or comments to the Clerk to the Board before the meeting. The mailing address is: Clerk to the Board Pitt County, 1717 West 5th Street, Greenville, NC 27834.
** Please refer to the map for each service road located @ www.pittcountync.gov/southwestbypass.
- Service Road #6. Proposed Road Names: NG Road or CAANG Lane
- Service Road #7. Proposed Road Names: Bowie Woods Farm Road, Bowie Woods Road or Bowie Farm Road
- Service Road #9. Proposed Road Name: Sumrell Hardee Lane
- Service Road #10. Proposed Road Name: Marvin McLawhorn Road or Marvin Road
- Service Road #12. Proposed Road Name: Worthington Park Drive
- Service Road #13. Proposed Road Names: Anderson Truss Road, Anderson Truss Drive or Cody Wade Road