PITT COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) SPECIAL INFORMATION
ALL clients will be served, however for your safety we are strongly encouraging that you:
- NOT bring at-risk individuals to the agency
- NOT come to the agency if you are sick
- LIMIT all in-person visits to the agency and use online or phone methods where possible
- All interviews will be completed by phone. In the event a citizen arrives at the Human Services building, they will be provided an application to sign and must provide a working telephone number in order to conduct a telephone interview.
FOOD AND NUTRITION AND MEDICAID SERVICES: Online and phone methods to apply for benefits include:
- Visit EPASS.NC.GOV and complete an application online OR print out an application and mail it to: 203 Government Circle, Greenville NC 27834
- Call Pitt County DSS 252-902-1352 to complete an application over the phone (once completed via phone, it will be mailed to you to sign and return so that we may continue the process)
- Fax a completed application to 252-902-1858
- At this time there is NO Emergency Food Stamp program.
ENERGY PROGRAMS / SERVICES: Crisis programs such as help with your energy bill can be done by calling 252-902-1110 to request an application be mailed to you for signature
CHILD SUPPORT: Child Support options available in lieu of coming to the office include:
- NC Child Support Services website at www.ncchildsupport.com. At this site, you can:
- Document Upload for the online application
- Email My Caseworker
- Manage My Personal Information
- Anonymous Tip Form
- CHILD SUPPORT KIDSLINE at 1-800-840-8757. The Child Support Kidsline is an informational call center for questions about child support cases. Automated phone service is available 24 hours, 7 days/week. Customer service hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
CHILD CARE: Completing initial applications and redeterminations by mail, phone, email, fax, etc. is acceptable during this time of emergency.
- Fax number 252-830-2524
- Agency main number 252-902-1110 or 252-902-1111.
OTHER FINANCIAL SERVICES:
- Applications for Special Assistance and Work First financial services must be done with a face to face interview until further notice
- You CAN sign a statement giving someone else the opportunity to serve as your representative for most programs (AGAIN, Please do not come to our office if you are sick)