PITT COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) SPECIAL INFORMATION
ALL clients will be served, however for your safety we are strongly encouraging that you:
- NOT bring at-risk individuals to the agency
- NOT come to the agency if you are sick
- LIMIT all in-person visits to the agency and use online or phone methods where possible
- All interviews will be completed by phone. In the event a citizen arrives at the Human Services building, they will be provided an application to sign and must provide a working telephone number in order to conduct a telephone interview.
FOOD AND NUTRITION AND MEDICAID SERVICES: Online and phone methods to apply for benefits include:
- Visit EPASS.NC.GOV and complete an application online OR print out an application and mail it to: 203 Government Circle, Greenville NC 27834
- Call Pitt County DSS 252-902-1352 to complete an application over the phone (once completed via phone, it will be mailed to you to sign and return so that we may continue the process)
- Fax a completed application to 252-902-1858
- At this time there is NO Emergency Food Stamp program.
ENERGY PROGRAMS / SERVICES: Crisis programs such as help with your energy bill can be done by calling 252-902-1110 to request an application be mailed to you for signature
CHILD SUPPORT: Child Support options available in lieu of coming to the office include:
- NC Child Support Services website at www.ncchildsupport.com. At this site, you can:
- Document Upload for the online application
- Email My Caseworker
- Manage My Personal Information
- Anonymous Tip Form
- CHILD SUPPORT KIDSLINE at 1-800-840-8757. The Child Support Kidsline is an informational call center for questions about child support cases. Automated phone service is available 24 hours, 7 days/week. Customer service hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Manage your child support case without visiting the office
During this time, the Child Support Services Program is encouraging case participants to join with us in taking steps to reduce the need for visits to the local Child Support Enforcement offices. The eChild Support Portal provides alternatives to handle common activities such as obtaining the status of your case and payment information. The portal allows you to make child support payments online, update demographic information and send an email to your case worker. You can also discuss by email any concerns you have about recent enforcement or delinquency communication you have received. Click here to login to eChild Support and/or register to use the site.
If you need to return documents to your local office, please click here to search for your local Child Support Enforcement office address and return your forms by mail. If you are scheduled for a court hearing related to your child support case, please check with the local court where the hearing is scheduled. Click here to use our Clerk of Court search tool.
Our customer service center remains available to assist you Monday-Friday from 7:30am – 5:30pm at 1-800-992-9457.
CHILD CARE: Completing initial applications and redeterminations by mail, phone, email, fax, etc. is acceptable during this time of emergency.
- Fax number 252-830-2524
- Agency main number 252-902-1110 or 252-902-1111.
- Work First has now waived face-to-face interviews.
PANDEMIC ELECTRONIC BENEFIT TRANSFER (P-EBT) PROGRAM
- North Carolina has been approved for the new Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) program
- This program will provide extra help buying groceries for the families of the more than 800,000 children who normally receive free and reduced lunch at school
- Families will receive approximately $371 in total P-EBT benefits per child, provided over two installments
- Unused benefits will rollover month-to-month and must be used within 365 days
- For full program details CLICK HERE
OTHER FINANCIAL SERVICES:
- Applications for Special Assistance must be done with a face to face interview until further notice
- You CAN sign a statement giving someone else the opportunity to serve as your representative for most programs (AGAIN, Please do not come to our office if you are sick)