The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS), in partnership with Pitt County Health Department have been providing free Drive-Through COVID-19 testing at Sycamore Hill Missionary Baptist Church since mid-November 2020. The operation of this testing site has been extended through December 16, 2020.
This testing site is open Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 3:30 pm at the Sycamore Hill Missionary Baptist Church, located at 1001 Hooker Road, Greenville, NC. Individuals seeking COVID-19 testing at this site should make every effort to pre-register for testing in advance at: www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com. While on-site registration will be accommodated, it will take longer than arriving with a pre-registration completed with QR Code either on a cell phone or printed from the registration website. Individuals tested at this site must provide a telephone number and an email address. An identification card is not required. In the event of inclement weather, this site will be closed.
HHS, in partnership with eTrueNorth performs COVID-19 testing at no charge. Testing is available to individuals five years and older – including those experiencing symptoms; those who believe they may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19; and anyone who is worried about having the virus. Individuals seeking testing do not need to reside in Pitt County. Individuals under 18 years old must have a parent or legal guardian present to consent to testing.
Information for Individuals Seeking Testing:
- It should take between 3 and 5 days for someone who is tested to get their results.
- Test results will be provided by email notification (individuals will be required to log back into the website to view their results).
- Test results will also be posted in the eTrueNorth patient portal.
- There is not a phone number to call for results.
- This is a self-collection site, meaning that individuals swab themselves. Since this is a self-collection site, test results cannot be used to be readmitted into school.