Who can enroll in PITTworks?
PITTworks is specially designed for people who are receiving Food & Nutrition Services ("FNS," also known as food stamps) from Pitt County Social Services.

Almost any FNS client can enroll in PITTworks as long as they are also: 1) between the ages of 18 and 59, AND 2) not working in paid employment for 30 or more hours per week, AND 3) not receiving unemployment insurance ("UI") benefits, AND 4) do not have a pending application for UI benefits, AND 5) not currently receiving Supplemental Security Income, Social Security Disability income, or Work First Family Assistance.

Unfortunately, regulations do not allow PITTworks to enroll people who are in the categories listed above. However, PITTworks can put them in touch with other employment and training resources.

If you do not receive food stamps but would like to enroll in PITTworks, please contact Pitt County Food & Nutrition Services at 902-1352 to see if you qualify.
Pitt County Food & Nutrition Services

Show All Answers

1. Who manages PITTworks?
2. Will PITTworks find me a job?
3. What kind of help does PITTworks offer?
4. Who can enroll in PITTworks?
5. Do I have to be in PITTworks to keep my food stamps?
6. What if I have a physical or mental disability?
7. What if I have a criminal record?
8. How can I enroll in PITTworks?