Topic: Camp Lejeune Water Contamination

If you served at Camp Lejeune or MCAS New River for at least 30 cumulative days from August 1953 through December 1987 and you didn’t receive a dishonorable discharge when you separated from the military, you may file a disability claim for compensation if you have been diagnosed with one or more of the presumptive conditions. Please visit for more information. 

Spouses/dependents of those affected by the Camp LeJeune Water Contamination can visit this link for more information The Camp Lejeune Family Member Program does not provide monthly compensation payments, but may provide reimbursement of expenses previously paid for presumptive conditions listed.

U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs has announced there will be a 8.7% COLA increase for Disabled Veteran Compensation/Pension and Survivor Payments for 2023.

Show All Answers

1. Where is Pitt County Veteran Services located and what are the office hours?
2. Does Pitt County serve veterans and/or dependents from other states and/or counties?
3. How do I obtain a copy of my military discharge (DD214)?
4. How do I receive VA health care?
5. How do I apply for VA Home Loan Guarantee?
6. Does Pitt County Veteran Services have funds to help veterans and/or dependents pay bill such as utilities, rent, grocery, etc.?
7. Does Pitt County Veteran Services provide transportation to veterans?
8. I currently receive VA Pension or Compensation and I need to change my direct deposit information.
9. Topic: Camp Lejeune Water Contamination
10. Topic: Airborne Hazards and Burn Pit Exposures
11. Topic: PACT ACT
12. What do I need to file a claim with the Department of Veteran Affairs?
13. I need to file a claim.
14. Who do I contact for a mental health crisis or suicide prevention?