Topic: Airborne Hazards and Burn Pit Exposures

If you served in Iraq, Afghanistan, and/or other areas of the Southwest Asia theater of military operations you may have been exposed to “airborne hazards” that are now linked to presumptive conditions and are now able to file disability claims for compensation.  For more information please visit and VA Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry - Public Health.

U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs has announced there will be a 8.7% COLA increase for Disabled Veteran Compensation/Pension and Survivor Payments for 2023.

Show All Answers

1. Where is Pitt County Veteran Services located and what are the office hours?
2. Does Pitt County serve veterans and/or dependents from other states and/or counties?
3. How do I obtain a copy of my military discharge (DD214)?
4. How do I receive VA health care?
5. How do I apply for VA Home Loan Guarantee?
6. Does Pitt County Veteran Services have funds to help veterans and/or dependents pay bill such as utilities, rent, grocery, etc.?
7. Does Pitt County Veteran Services provide transportation to veterans?
8. I currently receive VA Pension or Compensation and I need to change my direct deposit information.
9. Topic: Camp Lejeune Water Contamination
10. Topic: Airborne Hazards and Burn Pit Exposures
11. Topic: PACT ACT
12. What do I need to file a claim with the Department of Veteran Affairs?
13. I need to file a claim.
14. Who do I contact for a mental health crisis or suicide prevention?