The Sergeant First Class (SFC) Heath Robinson Honoring our Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics (PACT) Act of 2022 is a new law that expands VA health care and benefits for Veterans exposed to burn pits and other toxic substances. The PACT ACT of 2022 expands and extends healthcare to veterans of the Vietnam War, Gulf War, and post 9/11 era, adding two more presumptive conditions to Agent Orange exposure, 20 new presumptive conditions to burn pits and other toxic exposures, more presumptive exposure locations for Agent Orange, and more presumptive exposure locations for radiation exposures. For more detailed information on the PACT ACT of 2022 please visit  PACT Act - Public Health (

U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs has announced there will be a 8.7% COLA increase for Disabled Veteran Compensation/Pension and Survivor Payments for 2023.

If you are a resident of Pitt County and you wish to file a claim, please call Pitt County Veteran Services for an appointment at 252-902-3090 or you may email accredited service officer: Zhona Moody at, Trina Williams at, or Channing Ford at

Show All Answers

1. Where is Pitt County Veteran Services located and what are the office hours?
2. Does Pitt County serve veterans and/or dependents from other states and/or counties?
3. How do I obtain a copy of my military discharge (DD214)?
4. How do I receive VA health care?
5. How do I apply for VA Home Loan Guarantee?
6. Does Pitt County Veteran Services have funds to help veterans and/or dependents pay bill such as utilities, rent, grocery, etc.?
7. Does Pitt County Veteran Services provide transportation to veterans?
8. I currently receive VA Pension or Compensation and I need to change my direct deposit information.
9. Topic: Camp Lejeune Water Contamination
10. Topic: Airborne Hazards and Burn Pit Exposures
11. Topic: PACT ACT
12. What do I need to file a claim with the Department of Veteran Affairs?
13. I need to file a claim.
14. Who do I contact for a mental health crisis or suicide prevention?