Use our convenient form to apply for voter registration. Forms must be filled out completely and returned to the Board of Elections office.
You may register to vote in Pitt County if you are:
Circumstances Requiring Action
You may register to vote or change your address, name, or party, by submitting a signed registration form available at several county locations
When you register, you will be asked to declare your party affiliation. You may select any of the following party affiliations:
At the Voting Place
Upon entering the voting place, state your name and address to the election official. In primaries, you must state your party affiliation. If you are properly registered, you will:
- Sign an official voting document.
- At the ballot table exchange the signed voting document for your ballot.
- Go to a voting booth and mark your ballot. Darken the ovals fully of your selected candidates using only the pen provided. If you mark your ballot in error, return it to the election official and they will give you a new ballot.
- Always flip your ballot over to see if there are contests on the back. In some elections the large number of contests requires a double-sided ballot.
- After marking your ballot insert it into the voting machine and exit the voting place.
If you are unable to enter the voting place because of age or physical disability, you will be allowed to vote in your vehicle upon signed affirmation of these reasons. Have someone enter the voting place and inform the election officials of your desire to vote in this manner.