- Departments E - O
2023 Municipal Election Candidate Filing
Filing for the 2023 Municipal Election will begin at noon, July 7 and end at noon, July 21. The following contests will be included in the 2023 election:
|Town of Ayden Mayor||City of Greenville City Council District 1|
|Town of Ayden Commissioner Ward 1||City of Greenville City Council District 2|
|Town of Ayden Commissioner Ward 2||City of Greenville City Council District 3|
|Town of Falkland Mayor||City of Greenville City Council District 4|
|Town of Falkland Commissioner (3 seats)||City of Greenville City Council District 5|
|Town of Farmville Mayor||Town of Grifton Commissioner (3 seats)|
|Town of Farmville Commissioner (3 seats)||Town of Grimesland Alderman (5 seats)|
|Town of Fountain Mayor||Village of Simpson Mayor|
|Town of Fountain Commissioner (2 seats)||Village of Simpson Council (3 seats)|
|City of Greenville Mayor||Town of Winterville Council (3 seats)|
|City of Greenville City Council At-Large||Town of Winterville Council - unexpired term ending 2025 (1 seat)|
NC State Board of Elections Voter Search Tool
Click the Voter Search Tool image below to view your registration information which includes: sample ballot, assigned voting districts, and assigned Election Day polling place.
Voter Photo ID
Voters are not required to show photo ID until further order of the courts.
- Until further order of the courts, voters are not required to show photo ID. The law was enjoined by a federal district court on December 31, 2019.
- This page will be updated when new information is available.
- En una orden del 31 de diciembre, un tribunal federal de distrito bloqueó el requisito de identificación con foto para votación en Carolina del Norte. El requerimiento permanecerá en vigencia hasta nueva orden de la corte.
- Esta página se actualizará cuando haya nueva información disponible.
Elections Office Services
- Determines electoral district voting status for all voters, including voters affected in areas annexed by municipalities
- In-person and mail-in voter registration
- Provides absentee voting services as authorized by statute
- Updates voter records upon receipt of signed change registration forms
New voter registration, political party changes, and address changes (if move made more than 30 days prior to an election) should be received in the Elections Office before the books close on the 25th day prior to any election. For the 2023 Municipal Election the registration deadline is October 13, 2023.
Change of Address
Moving could change a person’s voting precinct and districts. It is unlawful to vote in a precinct from which one has moved more than 30 days prior to an election. Questions should be directed to the Elections Office. Voter Guides including pertinent voting information are mailed to voters with voter registration cards.