Election Day Turnout
At 10:00, 2:00, and 4:00 on Election Day precincts will report their turnout. To see this information and how it compares to 2014 and 2018 click HERE to access our Google Sheet.
One-Stop Early Voting
2022 General Election Candidates
Click HERE to view a list of 2022 General Election candidates. Per NC law it follows the candidate ordering convention from the Primary: alphabetical order going forward, beginning with the letter C; a candidate’s party affiliation is not a factor in candidate order.
NC State Board of Elections Voter Search Tool
Voters are not required to show photo ID until further order of the courts.
- Until further order of the courts, voters are not required to show photo ID. The law was enjoined by a federal district court on December 31, 2019.
- This page will be updated when new information is available.
- En una orden del 31 de diciembre, un tribunal federal de distrito bloqueó el requisito de identificación con foto para votación en Carolina del Norte. El requerimiento permanecerá en vigencia hasta nueva orden de la corte.
- Esta página se actualizará cuando haya nueva información disponible.
Elections Office Services
- Determines electoral district voting status for all voters, including voters affected in areas annexed by municipalities
- In-person and mail-in voter registration
- Provides absentee voting services as authorized by statute
- Updates voter records upon receipt of signed change registration forms
New voter registration, political party changes, and address changes (if move made more than 30 days prior to an election) should be received in the Elections Office before the books close on the 25th day prior to any election. For the 2022 General Election the registration deadline is October 14, 2022.
Change of Address
Moving could change a person’s voting precinct and districts. It is unlawful to vote in a precinct from which one has moved more than 30 days prior to an election. Questions should be directed to the Elections Office. Voter Guides including pertinent voting information are mailed to voters with voter registration cards.