NC State Board of Elections Voter Search Tool
Voters are not required to show photo ID until further order of the courts.
- Until further order of the courts, voters are not required to show photo ID. The law was enjoined by a federal district court on December 31, 2019.
- This page will be updated when new information is available.
- En una orden del 31 de diciembre, un tribunal federal de distrito bloqueó el requisito de identificación con foto para votación en Carolina del Norte. El requerimiento permanecerá en vigencia hasta nueva orden de la corte.
- Esta página se actualizará cuando haya nueva información disponible.
The Elections Office Services
- Determines electoral district voting status for all voters, including voters affected in areas annexed by municipalities
- In-person and mail-in voter registration
- Provides absentee voting services as authorized by statute
- Updates voter records upon receipt of signed change registration forms
Computerized voter data and statistics are available at cost to the public upon specific written request. Original election data can be examined in the office.
- Registration by Precinct (2019-12-11)
- Registration by US Congressional District (2019-12-11)
- Registration by NC Senate District (2019-12-11)
- Registration by NC House District (2019-12-11)
- Registration by County Commissioner District (2019-12-11)
- Registration by Board of Education District (2019-12-11)
- Registration by Municipality (2019-12-11)
- Registration by Greenville District (2019-12-11)
New voter registration, political party changes, and address changes (if move made more than 30 days prior to an election) should be received in the Elections Office before the books close on the 25th day prior to any election. For the 2021 Municipal Election the registration deadline is October 5, 2021.
Change of Address
Moving could change a person’s voting precinct and districts. It is unlawful to vote in a precinct from which one has moved more than 30 days prior to an election. Questions should be directed to the Elections Office. Voter Guides including pertinent voting information are mailed to voters with voter registration cards.