Cable Television Services

Prior to January 1, 2007, cable television and internet providers operated through local franchise agreements within the County or municipalities they offered services in. 

Since that time however, changes in state law have moved beyond the practice of local franchise agreements.  All Notice of Franchise documents are now submitted to the North Carolina Secretary of State’s Office, where they are reviewed for completion and correct fee payment.  If all documents are complete and fees paid, the Notice of Franchise is filed with the Secretary of State’s Office. At that point, the filer has a State Franchise.

Currently, there are two cable television providers which operate within Pitt County. For full details on specific coverage area and service plan pricing, please contact the providers directly: 

To search additional cable franchises, CLICK HERE.

If you have a problem with your cable provider:  Unfortunately, Pitt County, Government cannot directly assist with provider complaints, as the County no longer controls franchise agreements or cable provider operations.  However, these are some steps you can take to get help with a cable TV problem:

  • Call or contact your cable TV company directly (information should be on your bills)
  • Contact the North Carolina Department of Justice or the North Carolina Attorney General.  The Attorney General has some power to help with State cable franchise issues. You can contact the Attorney General’s Office at:

    NC Department of Justice
    Consumer Protection Division
    9001 Mail Service Center
    Raleigh, NC 27699-9001

  • General Consumer Complaint. File a Consumer Complaint at NC DOJ.