Permitting Center

Permit Requirements 
When required, any owner or contractor wishing to perform work on a future or existing structure, shall first make application to the Permitting Center and obtain the required permit for the work.
Obtaining a Building Permit 
Depending on the work being performed, there are several things you may need and steps to follow to obtain the correct permit.
Placing a Mobile Home 

To place a manufactured home on a lot in Pitt County, a Manufactured Home Set-Up Permit must be obtained.
Lien Agent Information 
As of April 1, 2013, North Carolina law requires that an owner or general contractor appoint a lien agent for improvements to real property.
Improvement Permit Process (Septic Systems) 
Certain property and structure improvements require permits be obtained.
Work Not Requiring A Permit 
View a list of work projects that do not require a permit in Pitt County.
Permit Fees (PDF) 
Access this document that lists the current permit fees for the county.
Permit Online Reporting Tool (PORT) 
Pitt County offers this tool as a public service and every effort is made to provide accurate material through online searches.

Permitting Related Telephone Numbers

  • Town of Ayden Planning - 252-481-5828
  • Town of Bethel Planning - 252-825-6191
  • Town of Fountain - 252-749-2881
  • Town of Grifton - 252-524-5168
  • Town of Winterville Planning - 252-756-2221
  • Village of Simpson - 252-757-1430