Food, Lodging & Institutional Sanitation


The Department of Environmental Health inspects all of the following to ensure that they comply with the sanitation standards established by the state health department:

  • Food stands
  • Local confinement 
  • Lodging
  • Meat markets
  • Mobile food units
  • Push carts
  • Residential care homes
  • Restaurants
  • Temporary food establishments

More Information

For more information, please call 252-902-3206. Applications for food service permits, temporary food establishments, and ServSafe Class/Exam registration can be accessed and/or downloaded from the Forms Library. You can also access local restaurant ratings.