The Pitt County Farm and Food Council is a group of thirteen Pitt County residents appointed by the County Commissioners. They represent a cross sector of those who seek to improve Pitt County's local food system.
They envision a farm and food council that will serve the Pitt County community by:
• Performing research on our community food system
• Working towards creating access for healthy food for all
• Engaging the community through education and networking
• Working to support local businesses and strengthen local farms
• Supporting farm to school efforts
• Promoting local agriculture
• Working to connect all parts of our community food system
• Creating a community network for learning and shared resources
The Pitt County Farm and Food Council promotes a healthy, sustainable, equitable and economically viable community food system. By fostering a network, we initiate, support, and promote programs and policies that educate the community, diminish food disparities, and protect farmland.
Our vision is for Pitt County to be an informed, engaged and healthy community with access to nutritious food and a commitment to continuously improving our community food system.